photo thdishcloths.jpg

Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Relaxing Sunday


Thanks to Mary Ann (she knows who she is :), I finally got my first picture on my blog . I used the Blueberry Waffle pattern available on the web at www.azhreia.net/socks/waffle.html and it's a free pattern. I really loved working with the yarn, which is Cascade's Quattro, a worsted weight. These babies will be very toasty and come in handy for winter, if it ever gets to this part of the country, that is. I'm a big cold, crisp weather type of person, so I look forward to it cooling off after the unbearably hot summer we had.

We had a nice day today, just doing our own things. Mine was reading, doing the Sunday crossword puzzle, and of course, knitting. I tried a new pattern for a mitten, but I wasn't all that happy with the outcome. It called for a chunky yarn on size 101/2 needles and I couldn't get the gauge quite right. When I went up to an 11, still too small, and a 13 just looked too open for a mitten to be warm enough. I knit it using 2 strands of Jaeger DK merino and it came out very tiny, which is kind of cute, but unusable even for my GD, who is only one. :) So, I'll save it for a Christmas tree ornament, but all the same it was fun to knit.

G read the paper from front to back all morning and then watched football for most of the day. He's an Eagles fan, so what can I say? I'm not all that fond of football, so I watched my English shows on our other tv. I absolutely love Inspector Morse, Midsomer Murders, Poirot, etc. .....you get the picture . On Sundays, they are on for a good part of the day, so it works out for each of us.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful week filled with much love, happiness, and inner peace.

Blessings, L.