photo thdishcloths.jpg

Friday, November 04, 2005

Christmas Wish

We're having a "pollyanna" this year in our family and it's a good thing too, with the way our family just keeps on growing. It's the first time we've tried this so I guess we'll see how it works out. I know it will be a big help to everyone on the cash end, since things are getting way too expensive and it's not always easy to pick things for certain people. You want them to like and use what you give them, but sometimes there's just no way to avoid the pitfalls of wrong choices.

We pick our 3 top wishes and for my first one I picked a digital camera.....a bottom of the line type, that's hopefully easy to learn how to use. I have no experience with these but I would love to master one so that I can put my knitted FO's on my blog. I see some of your lovely pictures on the blogs I read and it's amazing how clear and precise they are.


As for my 2nd and 3rd choices, I know one of them will be a gift certificate to a favorite yarn shop. Not that I don't have way too much yarn stash already, but a tried and true knitting addict always wants more. Why, I don't know because I have more than enough already and probably won't live long enough to use it all, but does that stop me, NO. :)

As for knitted Christmas gifts, I'm working on a Christmas stocking for one of my daughters in law, and I've already finished one for my only grandchild. It has what looks like a brick fireplace in it and turned out so lovely. I will take a picture of it before I give it to her with my trusty old camera which then has to be developed, but I will be sure to get it online. I'm also knitting a hat for my brother who works outdoors and gets pretty chilly. I'm using Cleckheaton's merino supreme and I really like knitting with it. It has a good hand and great stitch definition. Also about half finished a lovely lacey type scarf using Rowan Chamonix, which is most definetly one of my favorite yarns of all, for another daughter in law.

Weather here is hardly putting anyone in the mood for Christmas though, since it's going up to 74 today and has been warm for a good week or better with no end in sight. Living in a climate where fall is here and winter isn't that far off, this is unacceptable to my love of the cool weather. Ah, well, you can't fight city hall, right, and/or Mother Nature, so I might as well get used to it. Until I write again, peace and good times to all.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

I have friends who've done the 'pollyanna' christmas every year and it works great for them. I hope it works well for your family.

Your Christmas knitting sounds lovely. I hope you do get a digital camera so we can see your finished items.