photo thdishcloths.jpg

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Pictures, Pictures



Here are the finished Christmas stockings I promised pictures of! I took them before they were given as presents so these pictures are scanned and not from my new (ahhh) digital camera. I'm so happy with the way they turned out and both my DD and my DIL were thrilled with them. It's such a great feeling to see the happy expression when someone opens a hand knit gift and you know instantly that they like it! That makes all the hours of knitting extremely worthwhile.I will get a picture of my completed afghan up soon but first I want to find a way to take a better shot of it. I took one yesterday and it's blurry and doesn't really show the textured squares all that well. Also, I know it won't completely show up because of the darker colors, but I do want to post it here anyway. I love seeing all the completed projects on your knitting blogs too so post it later.Right now I'm working on the Aran baby blanket which I began in May of 2004 and that's just one of my current UFO's. I have a Manos cotton cardigan in various stages of completion, and a Philosopher's Fair Isle cardigan 3/4 finished as well. Then there are 2 pair of socks on the needles, and a pair of gloves using Green Mt. Spinnery's Alpaca Elegance, which are just soooo soft and heavenly. I hope I can get the thumb done better on these than my last pair. I wasn't satisfied with the look of the other ones, but when I showed them to a lady who has knitted for the past 45 years. she said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the thumbs.......that I did a very good job on them! Just goes to show you how critical we tend to be on our own knitting, doesn't it?So, I've got plenty to keep me busy as I'm sure all of you do as well. :) I recently took stock of my yarn stash and wow! was that an eye opener. I won't be buying anymore yarn until I use up at least half of what I have and that should take me into 2008 or so, LOL. Seriously though, I have lovely yarns and realize that it's just plain wasteful not to use them and continue buying more when I don't need to. Yes, that's one of my New Year's resolutions and I'm pretty firm about sticking to it...........I'll keep you posted. Until next time, be safe, be happy, and knit on!

No comments: