photo thdishcloths.jpg

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finished Opal Socks


All finished my second sock using Opal for the first time. It is nice to knit with and although they look pink in the picture for some reason, they are a red and white speckled color....jazzy, just the way I like socks to be. I used size 2 dpns and cast on 76 stitches, then decreased down the calf area to 60 sts and sailed along.

I haven't really worked on the 2 on 2 circular socks much at all in the past couple of weeks. I think I will have to concentrate on working on the baby blanket and trying to get closer to finishing it. Also, I need to face the fact that the Manos cotton cardigan is calling me from the closet just about every day! I hear it saying, "hey, I'm still in here and I'm not going away, so I suggest that you pick me up and resume knitting me, girlfriend!" :) Yes, some of my knitting projects nag me quite a bit.....it's constant nag, nag, nag!

I'll keep it short today since I still have lots to do and have to leave room to watch Villanova win today...yeah. I hope they make it to the final four and we get to see them win the whole thing....NCAA champs! On that note, I'll say bye for now and wish you a lovely week ahead with much happiness, health, and good knitting.

"When duty comes a-knocking at your gate,
Welcome him in, for if you bid him wait,
He will depart only to come once more
And bring seven other duties to your door."
Edwin Markham

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your Opal socks, very bright and cheerful, well done.

Dorothy said...

Great socks!

Hope you have a great day!

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

your Opal sock is gorgeous! I find it's really hard to photograph red projects - they never show the true colour.

I hope you listen to that project in the cupboard and give it some air time :)

Have a happy week, friend.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Pretty pretty pretty opal socks. I would like them even if they were pink because I love pink, too.

I love the "duty" quote. It's also very true.

Sweetness to you.