photo thdishcloths.jpg

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday Thoughts




As the faithful readers of my blog can see, I've been tweaking my page for a few days......I don't know why I just can't leave it alone but I see something that needs updating or changing and "presto", I'm changing this, that, and the other!

I've decided to join the summer reading challenge which I read about on Jenny Raye's blog. I find so many neat things there and really enjoy reading it. I hope to read a book a month although I've been neglecting my reading with all the knitting and crocheting I've been busy with and it seems as though the time flies each day! Perhaps though, with this challenge I can get down to business and start paring down my list of "to read" books.
I also placed a yarn challenge button on my blog in the hopes I could find the strength to refrain from purchasing ANYMORE yarn for at least 3 months. This will not be easy, not that there's anything wrong with that, as Jerry Seinfeld would say. Actually I haven't bought much yarn at all this year but every now and then I see something and I just know I must get it in order to place it on my list of "to be knit" at sometime in the waaaaayyyy distant future. Oh well, only another fellow knitter could understand the temptations. As the song says, "it's a jungle out there".



As you can see, my boy is somewhat annoyed that I wanted to wind this skein when he's clearly using it for a cushy pillow. It's the lovely lace "Megan" gave me....he likes your taste in yarns, Meg! :) So, dear knitters, I'll sign off for today and get started reading (along with knitting, of course), and wish you a wonderful holiday weekend, whatever your plans may be! Until next time, knit on.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

the reading challenge sounds like a great idea. I 'listen' to my books while knitting so I'm able to keep up with my reading, but it's not for everyone.

I hope you do well on your yarn diet. I know the temptation is strong for me too.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.
warm hugs,
mary anne

Sharon said...

I have to read before I turn out the light at night, even if only one page.

I like the blog, you asked previously about lightening the background colour. I suppose you could try it and see what you think, you would then have to darken the writing and of course you could always change back if you wanted too.

You mention about the bandwidth with your photos, I don't understand because they are your photos on your blog??? So you are using your bandwidth no one elses, yeah? I nearly always post medium sized photos on my blog so that is why I am curious.

Dorothy said...

It's been ages since I read a book simply for the joy of reading. I forced myself to read the Narnia series earlier this year.
Think I'll have to pick a few books and read for joy this summer. Thanks!

I've borrowed a quote from your site to put in our church's bulletin this week "Beyond all mystery is the mercy of God"

Have a good day!