photo thdishcloths.jpg

Monday, July 10, 2006

Summertime



Our petunias are in their glory and keep getting more blooms every day! We have other flowers on the deck doing equally well so I'll take more photos later today. I don't know about you but I love looking at bright, beautiful flowers with such lovely colors. These may not show up as a buttercup yellow color but that's just what they are.

On the knitting front, I'm just about to the toe area of the Rowan socks but I can't find my extra skeins of yarn anywhere....ACK.....so, I'm going to have to substitute another color and brand to finish up each toe! I don't know where the skeins could have gone other than walking away on their own steam. I had 10 skeins of this yarn and began the socks with 2 thinking I was home free if I needed another 2 to complete them but I guess the jokes on me! I should finish them sometime this week so I'll post a picture of my 2 tone socks (well, actually, my Mom's 2 toned socks....hope she likes them).



Another project I've begun (like I need another) is a pet blankie for our own sweeties! However, I'm crocheting this rather than knitting it because I've noticed that not only can I get finished much faster, but I can use up enormous amounts of stash yarn for these projects, which is a very good thing in my case! :) The kitties can share this one and it's turning out quite cushy, so I know they'll love lounging on it. I have loads of the Aspen yarn and have no idea what I was thinking when I bought 2 entire bags of it, but crocheting this type of project would use up most, if not all of it. I would definitely feel good about that because I've sworn to use stash yarn for any future projects and not buy NEW! This, of course, to the dismay of my LYS owner but needs must, after all.

It's not like I don't have lovely, top quality yarns to use from stash because I do so this isn't some sort of punishment but lately, I've felt as though, it's time to simplify my life in many ways and this is just one of them. I don't need new yarn and it's time to 'fess up and admit that to myself......and now, to you, too, LOL. The time has come for me and mine to say, "do we REALLY need this" and most of the time, the honest answer is NO.

So, enjoying everything we already possess and being contented with the many blessings we've received will be more than enough. So, until next time, dear readers, be well, be safe, be contented, and knit on!

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility." Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good for you for making the effort to use up your stash. I have never been a stash person, except for sock yarn!!

My stash mainly consists of leftover yarns from previous projects, so I don't feel too bad, except for the sock yarn stash. I have placed myself on a sock yarn diet, so maybe that will help.

Glad that you liked the tiger socks.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The petunias are beautiful! And yes, I do love brightly colored flowers...and yarn. : ) Well, yarn of any color will do.

Your blog is excellent, and your sons don't know what they are missing. : ) I'm going to add your blog to my favorite blog links!

Shelly in OK

Shelly in OK