photo thdishcloths.jpg

Monday, October 23, 2006

The Completed Poncho

Here's the finished poncho for my sweet little granddaughter! It will certainly keep her warm and toasty and it's oh so soft to the touch as well! I'm not sure if I have enought yarn left to crochet or knit a hat to go with it but I think I'll give it a try and hope for the best. In case some of you didn't read my post about this when I began, I used Araucania Nature Wool in a red light and dark combination hand dyed. I'm not sure if the color is showing up on your screen as it really is, but that's the color I used.




I'm working quite a bit now on the gift for my daughter in law and my mother's leg warmers. Both of these projects are on smaller needles and take alot more knitting time but I will finish them in time for Christmas as long as I don't go off on a "new and just gotta' make" project. I can't believe how quickly the month of October is going, can you? One more week and we're into November so you know that Thanksgiving can't be too far behind.

I also continue to knit away on the Aran baby blanket whenever I can talk myself into knitting cables. I know I'll be very proud of this blanket when it's completed but when that will be eludes me.

In addition to the above I squeeze in the wedding gift for my son and future daughter in law. I think they'll really like the finished product but I've got a long way to go to complete it. At least I have awhile so I'm not too concerned, plus I'm crocheting it so it tends to go a bit quicker, in general.

I know I haven't posted very much in the last couple of weeks, but I've been going to physical therapy for my shoulder twice a week and so many other things on the agenda, which I'm sure all of you know about already. I hope to do better this week and get into some kind of routine with this 2 day diversion cutting into my time.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,
good to see you back.
the poncho is beautiful and I love the colour! Good luck with getting all your gifts finished in time. I know you can do it.

Jenny Raye said...

Looks like the ticker for your walking isn't working right now. I want to enter the contest, so I'll be back :o)