photo thdishcloths.jpg

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Presents


Geez, I havent' posted for quite awhile, but like all of you, I've been busily knitting and crocheting trying to complete my Christmas gifts in time for the big day. I've been doing pretty well, all things considered, and have finished the lap blanket for my mother, the poncho and matching hat for my granddaughter, a lovely shawl for ???? and I'm about 75% finished with my last two items which are a pair of Opal socks for my DIL and a pair of leg warmers using Indiecita Baby Alpaca for my mother. I also whipped up 3 scarves for assorted loved ones and they turned out nicely.

Right now I don't have pictures but I promise to upload them as soon as I complete everything which should be in the next week to 10 days. Today I need to wrap and finish up sending the Christmas cards out and then it's back to knitting. This year I've done so much better with figuring out the time I'd actually need to finish up. In the past I'd be furiously clicking away trying to get done by the eleventh hour and frazzled to the max.

Our weather isn't cooperating to put me in the spirit though, because it's going to be in the 50's and 60's for the next 10 days and even after that, there's no real cold in the forecast......ergo, my snow scene here, LOL. I love it when it's frosty and cold and the fireplace is going and all things are Christmas, at least to me, anyhow.
So, dear readers (especially those who have stuck with me, even in my absence), I wish you a productive, yet joyful upcoming 11 days in which to complete the things you have on your lists. May you have much happiness, joy, and peace in your life as you wait for Christmas day to arrive.



P.S. Since my walking schedule has taken a serious back seat to all my other activities, I'm going to suspend the contest for now, but may bring it back in the New Year.

5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,
so nice to see you posting! I can imagine the warmish weather doesn't make it seem Christmasy. We had snow here for 3 weeks but now we are back to heavy rain and high winds. oh well, it's still Christmas soon!

Dorothy said...

Hi,
Glad to see you back :)
No snow here either - no from the looks of the forecast, no hope of any until next year :(
Happy Holidays!

Joanna said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Unknown said...

Hey Laura, Hope you had a really lovely Christmas, and are looking forward to a really Happy New Year. It is hard to keep up the blogging when life gets in the way.
Best wishes

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Laura, I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas. I also wish you bountifully blessed upcoming new year!