photo thdishcloths.jpg

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Precious Bundle is Here!

We welcomed our sweet grandson, Johnathan, into the family on Friday weighing in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 20-1/2" long! He is just adorable with blondish hair and a sweet, angelic face too. Needless to say my darling daughter is glad he's here at last although the birth went smoothly for her and for that I'm so grateful. We have 2 beautiful granddaughters and this is our first grandson. I watched the girls while my daughter was in the hospital and what a treat it was......my little 3 year old GD was so adorable and we snuggled and talked each morning when she woke up. She calls me Mimi which she started all by herself....I think it's so cute. My little 1 year old (on Valentines day) GD is getting around at lightening speed so it took some energy keeping up with her. She has one dimple and the cutest little smile and it's amazing how smart they both are at such young ages. Do you notice a 'grandmom bragging session' going on here or what, LOL?

I finished my Fortissima Colori socks using the Baby Cable Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks and I'm very happy with the way they turned out. One lesson learned for me though was that on the left sock I stuck with the number of stitches in the leg section but on the right hand sock I decreased a full 8 stitches when I got to the foot which was a full inch narrower. The fit is much better with the latter sock so in the future depending on which yarn and needle size I'm using, I'll have to remember to decrease in the foot area for a snugger fit. I don't know why it took me this long to realize this but better late than never, I guess.
I'm working furiously now on this ripple blanket (albeit, crocheted), for you know who. I should have had it finished in time for his arrival, but it should only take me another week or so to complete. The final size will be somewhere around 30x40" so it'll be good for a carriage blanket as well. I'm using Jaeger Baby Merino with a size J crochet hook because I'm doubling the yarn as I crochet it rather than using a single strand since I just liked the density of the yarn doubled much better than single.

I know it's been too long since I've posted but I don't seem to keep up with my posting as often as some of you but I'm going to try and do better. The thing is, I don't always have significant knitterly progress to show you, but then again, I guess I could post and just chat without pictures. So, until next time, be well, warm, happy, and knit on.

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

Laura,

Congratulations on that sweet little grandson! How fantastic is that!! So - when will we see photos??

How great that you are able to babysit the granddaughters, and are having such a great time.

Keep us posted - photos of them all would be nice. :)

Isn't bragging part of being a grandma? I plan on doing my fair share....

btw - Your new socks look great, as does the blanket.
k

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby in the family! Even though my daughter is only (almost) 18 I can't wait to be a grandmother...well, I can...but...well, you know what I mean!

Congrats again!!