photo thdishcloths.jpg

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Socks & More Socks!

I finished my Regia Surf socks and I really like the way they turned out. I used size 2 circulars and knitted them both at the same time, so at least when completed I'd have a PAIR of socks instead of a lonely orphan waiting for it's mate. I wore them yesterday and they're really comfy......I like the short row heel and the garter stitch gives it a very soft feel against my foot.

I'm working on a couple of other socks (albeit, one at a time). One pair I began a year ago trying to master the Magic Loop, which wasn't to my liking so I left the first sock partially finished. I picked it up last week and using 2 circular needles, size 3, completed the heel and all of my decreases and now I'm working on the foot so it will only be a matter of time till the first sock is finished. The problem is that I did a picot cuff with the help of a friend and now have no idea what I did, or how I did it, for that matter. I guess I'll have to take my yarn with me and ask the wonderful Jackie, if she would coach me through the picot cuff one more time. I'll have pictures next time.

For this sock, I'm using a sport weight yarn on size 3 circulars called Norwegian Ringel and it's imported from Austria. I got it from Knitting Korner and I'm really enjoying knitting with it. Naturally, it's a bit thicker than fingering weight but it's soft and doesn't split either. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking to try a sport weight yarn for your upcoming socks. Ninah is a joy to deal with and always ready with help if you need it.

In between the above, I'm knitting furiously on my ever present Euroflax Linen Shawl using Judy Pascale's pattern, Shapely Shawlette. It's an easy knit but it does seem to take awhile to grow and of course, I haven't helped matters any because the other night I noticed a slight mistake and ripped back a good 8 to 10" worth of work! ARGH!! However, I know that would have bothered me indefinitely so I frogged with wild abandon. I'm not sure if this will be a gift for someone but I'm leaning that way and I want it to be as perfect as humanly possible.

That's all for now so until I blog once again, be happy, be safe, and knit to your heart's content!

"We must act the way we believe or we shall eventually come to believe the way we act."

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

Hi Laura!

We have matching socks...and I really love mine!

Do you like working with the Euroflax linen? I would like to knit a handtowel out of it - the pattern in the Mason/Dixon book. I keep resisting, as I already have so many projects in line....

Mary Anne said...

Beautiful socks, Laura! So you find two circulars easier than magic loop? I will have to try it sometime. So far, no luck with magic loop for me.