photo thdishcloths.jpg

Monday, September 01, 2008

September & I'm Lovin' It!

Goodbye to August and let's get to the autumn weather as quickly as possible, plueeese! I do detest the summer with the heat and humidity so naturally, I'm a happy camper when it comes to even the slightest hint, which in this case is only the date, that it may be getting cool soon. To me, the scene above is my idea of a great day, so hiss and boo me if you must, but there it is, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

On the home front, things are moving along quite nicely as we're down to ZERO boxes in the garage which makes my husband a very happy camper since he can now get his car into the garage.....no more parking in the driveway and I haven't seen him this happy over anything is awhile now, believe me. Men and their cars, who knows?

The house is really feeling like our home now rather than just a new place that I'm trying to get used to. This home has a very cozy and restful feeling to it and I love that. I really enjoy coming out onto the front porch with my coffee in the morning and reading a book or just relaxing and watching some of the walkers go by in my own little corner of the world, as my mother always likes to say. Yes, life is good, I am blessed and I thank God every day .

As for knitting content, I have started a pair of Opal socks for my granddaughter who will be 4 on September 7th. They are a really cute pink with splashes of purple, red, and green throughout. She can wear them to school some days since she's going to pre-school 2 half days a week starting next week.....how exciting, but she's growing way too fast. Time, please slow down a bit so we can enjoy her childhood at a more leisurely pace. Pictures of the socks next time, I promise.

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

I share your love for winter weather! I don't like having to drive in it, but otherwise....give me a cup of tea, a snugly blanket, a good book, and a snowstorm...heaven!