photo thdishcloths.jpg

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Christmas Stocking


Here is the finished stocking for my sweet little grandson....and done with just a little over 2 months until Christmas, can you believe it? I used Bernat Softee Bulky yarn for this and size 8 straight needles for the leg portion and then switched to dpns for the foot. I kitchenered the toe and was very pleased with the decreases used in this particular pattern (Yankee Pattern). I know that his Mom & Dad will be able to fit lots of presents into it......which they'll just love, seeing as how they have 2 other children's stockings (which I knit in the past few years and are pictured below) to fill.


2 comments:

Kathy... said...

What a lovely Christmas stocking! A GORGEOUS family heirloom!

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful! We'll cherish it. The only thing we'll need is those stocking hangers for the mantel and we'll be set. You're the best!