photo thdishcloths.jpg

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Knitting Completed

It's official, I'm finished knitting the two gifts I'm giving this Christmas and they are even wrapped with 6 days to spare. I managed to secure some yarn for my mother's socks from my dear local yarn shop owner who had about 1/2 a skein left but not in the same colorway. I didn't mind different colors at all, but did want the same yarn and was thrilled to get it......thanks so much, Jackie. Below are the completed socks, in all their colorful glory!!

I think she'll be very happy with them and her feet will be toasty as well! Then, I completed my grandson, Matthew's beautiful stocking and I know his parents will be asking me why I made it so big......for more presents to put inside of it, of course. This should last him a lifetime and maybe one day long into the future he can tell his kids, "my Mimi made this for me".....how wonderful!

In closing, I wish each one of you everything your heart desires along with good health and happiness in 2010.



2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Those are beautiful gifts!

Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year, Laura.

Kathy... said...

Merry Christmas! Your tree is just beautiful! I am taking mine down right now. Always a little sad. I am a big ornament collector - lots of memories. Love the socks!! And the stocking is just wonderful....you can pack lots of goodies in that one!!

Take care, and have a Safe and Happy New Year!

k