photo thdishcloths.jpg

Saturday, January 02, 2010

A Brand New Year

It's official....2010 is here already! I'm continually amazed by the speed of one year to the next and I've been trying to become more aware of living in the moment and enjoying all the moments as they present themselves because who knows what time and fate may have in store. I think that we've all become so results oriented that we rush through each day never savoring the little things that happen which wind up meaning so much. Even as I type this post, I find myself thinking in my old familiar pattern of 'what I need to do when I'm finished' instead of what I'm doing right here and now. Staying constantly busy and multitasking is highly valued in our country and although there is a time and place for it, it shouldn't be our primary way of thinking, at least not as far as I'm concerned. However, habits are hard to break and need constant attention and vigilance to break their hold on you. I"m going to try my very best in this new year to live in the moment and only in that particular moment without thinking ahead.........how much I've missed always thinking that way, so I'm on to a new awareness.

Now, here are two sweetie pies who REALLY know how to enjoy each and every moment to the fullest as they sun themselves and love every minute of it. :)

On the knitting front, I have decided to go on a total yarn fast for the entire year and see how well I do. Yes, you read it right.....I'm buying NO more yarn this year (I'm knitting, just not purchasing) as I do not need one more skein of anything in order to knit all year long solely from my stash. I have begun a pair of Lorna's Laces socks for my 3 year old granddaughter, Anna and hope to start a sweater for my grandson, Johnathan soon after. I'm not sure which yarn I'll choose from my ample stash but I have many choices.

On Ravelry there is a post called ''Going Cold Sheep'' which addresses resisting the urge to buy even more yarn. So many fellow Ravelers have responded that they would love to give it a try for this year, and while we all have good intentions, we'll have to wait and see if we can resist. I just can't justify anymore yarn purchases and since my wonderful local yarn shop is closing it's doors the end of this month (boo-hoo), it will be easier for me to stick to this. I will miss the owner, Jackie, though, who is such a great person with a wonderful personality. I wish her much happiness and good fortune in the future, which reminds me to wish each of you, dear readers, every joy, health, and happiness in our new year, 2010!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the socks for Anna! She was just wearing the brown socks you made for Christina a couple of years ago...her feet were cozy and warm. We'll be loving it! And Johnny would look adorable in a sweater but don't do too much dear....relax and enjoy something for yourself! Love you, Laura