photo thdishcloths.jpg

Friday, July 13, 2012

Overdue Post

Whew, it took way too long to post on my blog and I can't understand why I've neglected this for 6 months, no less.  Well, no promises, because that tends to be the whammy when it comes to fulfilling a blog post more often, at least for me.

Since my last post I've been a busy bee in the baby blanket area.  We've welcomed a new baby granddaughter named Claire in March and a brand new baby grandson named Owen just 4 weeks ago.  They are both so adorable, but most importantly, they are both healthy and happy and for that we are blessed by God.  
I made each of them a blanket and I put a picture of Owen's blankie in my last post if you'd like to take a look.  Below is a pic of Claire's ripple blanket which turned out quite nicely.  
Right now I'm working on another ripple blanket just to stay ahead of the curve, so to speak, and I just began a striped granny blanket with different colors in Stylecraft DK.  For me, it's unusual that I crochet any blankets with a DK but this one looks and feels quite substantial and very soft which is great on both counts.  I don't have enough progress on this one for a picture yet, but I will follow up with one.


As for my resolutions from last post, I've only managed to get another 5 pds. off but I haven't given up by any means.  I didn't gain this weight overnight and so I won't be losing it overnight either.  I have been saving and curtailing spending which is a good thing to be sure and it's been surprisingly easier than I thought.  

I've also been cooking healthier and utilizing Ellie Krieger's cookbook which is chock full of lower fat, but delicious recipes.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! Welcome back! And five pounds is five pounds, you know? It's not easy and so it's something to celebrate. *Mirror Ball* hehe

A few million bloggers went to facebook some time ago, and some are now coming back. Blogs are very fun to read, like yours.. I'll go all anonymous on you now. lol Thanks for the look in at mine. I love that song, too!

Lella, who knits.