photo thdishcloths.jpg

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pictures Now & Then

NOW

A very beautiful sunset off the coast of Hilton Head, SC, sent to me by my dear friend Kay.  I love pictures of sunsets and find them so relaxing and this one is a beauty!

On the knitting front, I'm currently working on my first of 2 Christmas stockings for our granddaughter, Claire who will be 9 months old by the time Christmas rolls around.  I hope to be able to knit another stocking for our grandson, Owen, who will be 6 months old by Christmas, but I don't know if I'll have enough time to knit both of them.  We'll see how things go because I'm crocheting a few Christmas gifts too, but smaller things in general.  I'd really like to knit a few mitten and hat sets for my other grand kids but time only permits so much progress and add to that my osteoarthritis and it's not always conducive to continuing to work on a project too long.  I'll follow up with pictures when I have more progress to show you on the stocking and even the ever so slow regular socks that I'm knitting at what seems like a snail's pace.

THEN & NOW

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this picture of Sylvester Stallone then and now.  OMG, I loved this guy back in the 70's when ROCKY came out and I still have a soft spot for him in my heart to this day.  I can remember going to the original Rocky movie when it first came out in our area in December of 1976 with my brother and his girlfriend (then) named......wait for it......Adrienne!  All the people in the movie theater cheered several times during the movie and when's the last time you heard any cheering at a movie these days?  When the movie was over and we walked outside the snow was falling heavily and it was such a magical sight filled with the hope and inspiration of dreams that could come true.  That whole evening is seared into my memory forever and to this day, I can hear the theme song playing and see Rocky running down 9th St., the Italian Market.  I remember my cousin's wife and one of my best friends as well, telling me at the time of Rocky II's filming in 1979 that we should be there for his run down 9th St. again so that I could actually get to see the 'Italian Stallion' in the flesh.  To this day I regret not taking her up on that offer because I never did get to see him in person.

Recently I watched Rocky and Rocky II again (for the umpteenth time if truth be told) and I still marvel at the innocence and raw emotions in these movies.  There are none like them anymore and I fear, there never will be again.  So, to Rocky Balboa and/or Slyvester Stallone, I say, "Yo, Adrienne, we did it"....and you did it great, Rock!

No comments: