photo thdishcloths.jpg

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Time

Time certainly flies when spring and summer roll around and I've been pretty lax keeping up with my blog.  I have been knitting and crocheting but not as much as I seem to accomplish in the fall and winter months.  I completed sock # 1 using Three Irish Girls fingering hand dyed yarn in the Bread & Butterflies colorway.....it's a joy to knit with.  However, I don't complete my socks quickly.....it's a now and then project so they can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months or more.  I know this must shock those who seem to turn out a pair of socks in 2 to 3 weeks, but that's the unvarnished truth when it comes to my knit socks.


I'm about 1/2 way down the leg portion of sock #2 , so I'm guessing we're looking at completion some time in October, yes, October.  I haven't decided whether these are going to be a Christmas gift or if I'm keeping them for moi yet.

Also, since I'm trying to work on only 2 projects at the same time so as to complete them before moving on to another UFO, it's a bit slow going, as I'm sure my fellow crafters can appreciate.  I have so many unfinished objects and I'm beginning to realize that before I can begin new projects, these items are calling out to me.  Thus, here is my measly progress on my baby shells blanket....I'm finally at the halfway mark so there is a dim light at the end of the tunnel, but I do enjoy crocheting this so that's what I am focused on.  There's about double completed than what is showing in the picture below but I need to take a new picture and put it here.



Otherwise, I've been trying out different crocheted coasters, a weakness of mine.  I love trying out new patterns and hook sizes and yarns and one can never have enough coasters, yes?




No comments: