photo thdishcloths.jpg

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Yes, I'm Back!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, as I see it's been quite some time since I last posted.  I've been busy creating some knitted and crocheted things and here is one that I'm currently working on.  It's a Christmas stocking that I'm knitting for my wonderful DIL and therefore, I'm hoping neither she, nor my son, decides to check out my blog......however, that isn't something they normally do, so perhaps I'm safe in the surprise category.



I'm knitting it with size 8 straight needles until I get to the heel and foot portion at which time I'll switch to DPN's.  Once I get to finished the white rows that I'm currently knitting, I think I'll duplicate her name rather than use yarn bobbins as I did for the trees.

And yes, it's a shame, but I'm still plodding through this continuous granny one row at a time and only now and then, at that.......I think I'll stop when it's a throw size.  It is very soft and cuddly though and I'm using a retired Jaeger yarn so you know it will be toasty and warm.  Right now it looks a bit wavy but that will disappear once it's blocked.



I've completed other projects too and have a few more on deck for the Christmas holidays to give as gifts.  I wish you all a happy and healthy Autumn season and before we know it, it'll be Thanksgiving and you KNOW what that means!  Ahh, yes, Christmas can't be far behind, but I digress.

No comments: