photo thdishcloths.jpg

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Time Marches On....'Ain't It The Truth'!

I cannot believe that it's been over a year since I posted anything on my blog.  I would imagine that if anyone read it, they've given up on checking back, and I can't say I blame them.  Life manages to get in the way, what with our day to day happenings, work, family, friends, pets, Ravelry, etc., etc. However, the important thing is I haven't completely abandoned this little corner of my knitting and crocheting world altogether. ☺

I've been busily knitting several items over this past year and will have pictures soon. I am knitting another Christmas stocking for my youngest granddaughter.  I'm getting ready to knit the heel flap and then it will be finishing up the foot and weaving the toe together.  I decided to duplicate her name rather than knit it in so that will be done after the stocking is completed.  I'm using size 7 needles and Red Heart acrylic yarn because it holds up so well to all the 'stuff' that gets put into these stockings and all the yanking and pulling that the poor things have to bear.   Counting my 5 kids, each of their spouses, my husband, my mother, and each of my grandchildren, I've knitted about 20 or more stockings and it's heartening to see them hung up in everyone's homes each Christmas.

I'm also knitting a Chevron cap and a Fair Isle iPad cover which is beginning to look pretty great with the vibrant colors I'm using.  I've put both of these projects on hold though until I finish the stocking since that has a timed date for finishing.

Happily, I'm still knitting solely from my yarn stash and not buying anymore yarn.  Geez, yarn is the last thing I need since I already have enough to start my own yarn store!!  So, when I want to knit or crochet anything, I shop from my own stash and it's all good.

No comments: