photo thdishcloths.jpg

Saturday, April 06, 2019

My 2019 Goals & How It's Going

I'm checking back in to see how my 2019 goals are coming along, I've made some progress but not nearly enough.  Sometimes I think that what I read in my self help books (which I've always loved) and what I read and see on others online blogs, may be too much time spent reading about what many seem to do so well but can leave me feeling a bit let down about what I'm actually accomplishing.   I don't want to be comparing myself to anyone else. So, I'm checking back in to keep MY resolutions as fresh, true, and progressive as I can so here's how it's going:


1.  Continue my quest for healthier eating, smaller portions, and much better sugar and carb control.  
I'm getting there little by little and find myself looking for healthy options when I'm hungry between meals, plus I'm cooking from scratch more often and trying heartily to incorporate more veggies into the mix,
2.  Walk at least 3 days a week and preferably do more when possible.
I'm sorry to say that this particular goal hasn't been met very often at all.  Yes, I'm still determined to pull this off but haven't been too successful.
3.  Do as much knitting and crocheting as possible and crank out at the very least, 4 solid projects this year.
Again, haven't been faithful in picking up my knitting and/or crochet projects and actually making much progress but that's about to change!
4.  Practice patience and calmness through all things.
I am doing better with my patience and trying to remain calm through all upsets, etc.
5.  Make simplicity a top priority in everyday life.
This seems to be something that needs quite a bit of focusing on living in the moment.  I find that I have to remind myself to be aware of each moment and keep it as simple and as real as I can.
6.  Thank God everyday for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me and mine.
This is something that I've been doing each and everyday as I feel that gratitude to God for all His blessing is most important in my life on a daily basis.
7.  Unclutter, donate, sell, or throw out those things that meet the criteria.
We're accomplishing this on a day to day basis but I can already see and feel the difference in the de-cluttering of excess and needless 'things'
8.  Save more and Spend Less!!
I've found that cooking more often at home saves us quite a bit and the less I visit Amazon the better when it comes to more savings.  As for cooking at home, I think a change in our meal times is in order too but more on that later.
9.  Savor every moment spent with my sweet husband, and my family. (this one is easy peasy).
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband and our life together with all of our children, grandchildren, in-laws, Mom, brothers, and nephews makes us even happier.
10.  Remember that life is a gift and that's why we call it the 'present'.
This is so true and I strive to remember it. 

No comments: